who we are
The Course and the Training
* Chef's preface *
I grew up making cakes for the family and by that time I wanted them to be different and exceptional.
I confess that I had a second passion - "tennis" - a sport that I spent both competing and teaching for a few years.
But it was Rita, my wife, who at the age of twenty encouraged me to train in my area of choice. I got into this world of pastry and was lucky enough to work with a great French Chef.
I was quickly invited to work in southern France, in the beautiful Côte-D'Azur, where I remained as pastry chef for 4 ½ years, a period that I took advantage of to deepen and refine the knowledge in Pastry, attending with great World Chefs among the which, the illustrious Chef - World Champion of Pastry - Christophe Michalak. (about Michalak)
For my dear wife who, working at my side, inspired and encouraged me every day, we traveled all over France.
We met and talked with famous Chef´s of Paris.
We run after our dreams.
We decided to go back to the origins and open our Pâtisserie Dacquoise ", where everything was thought to the smallest detail.
A universe of sensations and pleasure that "apporte us une vie de BONHEUR".
(Chef Ivo Camões)
Meet our executive chef
about us - meet our executive chef
* ROUTE AND TRAINING *
About the course and training:
Chef Ivo Camões, worked with National and French chefs, graduated in the area, and received an invitation to work as a pastry chef in the south of France, where he stayed four and a half years with his family.
He specialized in:
– Pastry maker, Cake Designer, Chocolatier
– Baker (breads and special breads)
- Professional Diploma Sugarpaste, Sugar Flowers, Royal Icing & Piping
(School of Cake Design & Confectionery Arts)
- Masters Certificate (Certificat International PME)
– Decor Cakes, 3D Gâteaux, Conventual Pastry and Puddings
– Manufacture of puff pastry, decoration of birthday and parties cakes,
Biscuits, petit-fours, miniatures, truffles and bonbons
- Homemade ice cream, desserts and fine pastries
– Training Course/Internship with Christophe Michalak
(Pastry World Champion)
– Training of CCP Trainers
- Hygiene and Food Safety; HACCP System